Teacher Instrumentation & Controls
- Full Time (38 hours per week)
- Fixed Term until 31 December 2022
- Based at the Yallourn Campus
- Job Reference No. 2119
At TAFE Gippsland, our teachers are selected for not only their skills and knowledge but their genuine passion for their chosen industry. Gippsland’s local TAFE is currently recruiting for a passionate, enthusiastic and motivated industry expert to join our Electrical teaching team.
For over 85 years, TAFE Gippsland has been supporting Gippsland communities to thrive by empowering local students and enabling local businesses through the provision of high quality vocational education. TAFE Gippsland is located in the idyllic regional setting of Gippsland in eastern Victoria, with campuses from Warragul to Lakes Entrance.
About the role
Based at our Yallourn Campus, an exciting opportunity exists for a suitably qualified and experienced industry expert to join the TAFE Gippsland Electrotechnology Teaching team in the delivery of a range of Instrumentation & Controls courses to apprentices. The successful applicant will have the ability to train apprentices to the high standard required in order for them to be successful in industry.
The role of the Teacher covers a variety of responsibilities and activities within the sector, including:
- classroom based teaching;
- teaching via video conferencing;
- practical skills training in simulated workplace environments;
- engaging with students and their employers in the workplace;
- supporting students and employers with their workforce and career development needs;
- showcasing careers andassociated education pathways to community, schools and industry.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A Certificate III Instrumentation & Control qualification or equivalent
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment (TAE40116) is desirable
- Knowledge of and experience in the delivery of industry specific skills
- Experience with programmable logic controllers (PLC’s) and/or SCADA technologies desirable.
- Experience with IoT (internet of things) devices is desirable.
- Current Drivers Licence;
- Valid Working with Children Check (WWCC);
- Current (less than 12 months old, and renewable every 5 years) satisfactory National PoliceCheck.
- Some travel between campuses will be required; position currently based at Yallourn campus, but relocating to Morwell campus in 2022.
TAFE Gippsland can offer you:
- Full on-the-job training and support, along with further professional development opportunities
- Benefits and conditions under the Victorian TAFE Teachers Multi Enterprise Agreement
- An attractive remuneration
- An opportunity to diversify in an industry you love
- Employee Assistance Program
How to Apply:
Applications must be submitted online and include a current CV and address the Key Selection Criteria. No late or hard copy applications will be accepted. Please note: Applications that do not address the Key Selection Criteria and include a current resume will not be considered for this position.
For specific enquiries relating to this position please contact Brad Schnur Interim Program Manager Electrotechnology & Bio Manufacturing on (03) 5127 0193.
For assistance with the online application process please contact Human Resources on (03) 5120 4540.
Applications close at 2pm on Thursday 20 May 2021.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: