Workcover & Injury Mng Manager
Latrobe Regional Hospital
Latrobe Regional Hospital (LRH) is the major provider of specialist health services in the Gippsland region, east of Melbourne. Our comprehensive range of services extends to emergency and intensive care, elective surgery, allied health, obstetrics, medical and radiation oncology at the Gippsland Cancer Care Centre, dialysis and aged care.
LRH has a number of outstanding facilities following a recent expansion. These include a cardiac catheterisation laboratory, large Emergency Department, endoscopy suites and modern and contemporary inpatient units. These complement extensive Allied Health amenities including a gym and pool. LRH is the regional provider of mental health services in Gippsland. LRH Mental Health Service operates an integrated specialist mental health program across the region and provides inpatient and community mental health care for adults, children and young people and older persons. Gippsland provides a fantastic regional lifestyle with easy access to Melbourne.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and suitably qualified WorkCover and Injury Management Manager to join the People & Culture team at Latrobe Regional Hospital on a full time, ongoing basis for 80 hours per fortnight.
Reporting to the General Manager People & Culture, the successful applicant will play an important role in managing all aspects of WorkCover claims and injury management.
The successful applicant will be required to:
- Calculate and process payment of wages and coordinate the return to work of injured employees
- Assist Non-WorkCover employees applying to return to work with an existing personal injury or illness
- Build and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders, ensuring adequate consultation and communication
- Actively support the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace, adopting a flexible and open personal approach to change management
To be successful in this position you will need to:
- A relevant qualification in Human Resources, Injury Management or equivalent skills/experience will be essential
- Have working knowledge of relevant Acts, Regulations and Standards associated with Human Resources and Workers Compensation
- Excellent Organisational and communication skills
- High level problem solving and time management skills
- The ability to provide strategic advice on the management of injured employees.
For further information about this position please contact Mark Jarred, General Manager People & Cultureon (03) 5173 8540.
Applicants will be required to apply for and satisfactorily obtain a National Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Latrobe Regional Hospital is a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer. We recognise and value inclusion and diversity and encourage all people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply for our positions.
LRH’s Koori Health Liaison Officer is available to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent applicants on (03) 5173 8653.
*LRH reserves the right to appoint prior to the application close date*
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: