LATROBE REGIONAL HOSPITAL
Latrobe Regional Hospital (LRH) is the major provider of specialist health services in the Gippsland region, east of Melbourne. Our comprehensive range of services extends to emergency and intensive care, elective surgery, allied health, obstetrics, medical and radiation oncology at the Gippsland Cancer Care Centre, dialysis and aged care.
LRH has a number of outstanding facilities following a recent expansion. These include a cardiac catheterisation laboratory, large Emergency Department, endoscopy suites and modern and contemporary inpatient units. These complement extensive Allied Health amenities including a gym and pool. LRH is the regional provider of mental health services in Gippsland. LRH Mental Health Service operates an integrated specialist mental health program across the region and provides inpatient and community mental health care for adults, children and young people and older persons. Gippsland provides a fantastic regional lifestyle with easy access to Melbourne.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and suitably qualified pharmacist to join the Pharmacyteam at Latrobe Regional Hospital as a senior pharmacist on a fixed term basis until 16 July 2021 on a full time basis to cover for long service leave.
Reporting to the Director of Pharmacy the successful applicant will play an important role in providing senior pharmacy support within a key area of responsiblity within the department.
The successful applicant will be required to:
- Provide leadership to the team
- Act as a role model to all pharmacy staff
- Support medication safety activities
- Contribute to improving operational and clinical services
- Provide coaching and supervision of junior pharmacy staff
- Provide cover for CHARM governance work
- Provide cover for other senior pharmacy roles.
To be successful in this position you will need to have:
- Extensive hospital experience in a variety of settings
- Has at least 2 years experience in a Grade 2 (or equivalent) position
- Demonstrated high level of pharmacy knowlege and practice.
- Experience in oncology, emergency, critical care or clinical informatics
For further information about this position please contact Kenneth Ch'ng on (03) 5173 8073.
Applicants will be required to apply for and satisfactorily obtain a National Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Latrobe Regional Hospital is a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer. We recognise and value inclusion and diversity and encourage all people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply for our positions.
LRH’s Koori Health Liaison Officer is available to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent applicants on (03) 5173 8653.
*LRH reserves the right to appoint prior to the application close date*
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: