Senior Buyer - Projects
As a leader in the cement and mining industries, we have taken on the responsibility of developing sustainable solutions. We have an ambition to engineer the zero emissions cement plant and the zero emissions mining process by 2030. And your know-how and innovative mindset will take us from idea to action. In this journey, we see digitalization as the enabler towards zero emissions.
Express your passion for digitalization and innovation and together, we will discover the sustainable solutions of tomorrow.
An Opportunity exists for a Senior Buyer - Projects to join the team and take responsibility of vendor contract management and procurement activities across all projects. This is the perfect role for someone who is confident in delivering set strategic priorities and inspires a shared vision for FlSmidth future direction.
- Manages purchasing based on specifications and according to predefined procedures and processes to ensure delivery capability
- Purchases products/items of expertise area at the right quality, characteristics and volume
- Participates in the selection of suppliers by analysis and evaluation
- Handles operational relations and interfaces with selected suppliers in order to build and maintain close relationships with suppliers
- Monitors the operational performance of the selected suppliers in order to ensure that FLSmidth’s capacity to deliver is stable and long term
- Negotiates terms and conditions independently within the given framework
- Prepare cost estimations based on analyses of past pricing trends as a basis for price setting
- Promotes a culture of personal and team safety, including others who may be affected by the company’s operational activities
- Experience with arranging logistics (international freight experience an advantage)
- Min 5 years’ procurement experience.
- Min 3 years’ experience working in project environment essential.
- Tertiary or industry qualifications in procurement an advantage
- Ability to work in a team or individually on multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships
- Willingness to learn and undergo job specific training (ex. software/project/sampling)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver in a fast paced, changing environment while maintaining high attention to detail.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Confident personality. Must be willing to contact suppliers directly and engage to provide solutions and deliver on-time.
- Experience in use of ERP system for purchasing, eg Pronto, SAP or similar systems.
- Good organisation skills that delivers effective planning and housekeeping standards.
- Strong multitasking and time management skills.
- Competitive remuneration package on offer
- Flexible start & finish times available
- Job security in a volatile market. Since 1882, FLSmidth have operated successfully within a global environment
- Development and training within a respected global OEM company
- Access to salary packaging options to allow you to maximise your after tax income
- Employee Assistance Program for employees and immediate family.
- Purchased annual leave options
- Access to a recognition and benefits platform
- Involvement with community and charity initiatives
- Annual flu vaccination
FLSmidth is the leading supplier of engineering, equipment and service solutions to customers in the mining and cement industries – for more information please visit FLSmidth.com/careers
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: