Industrial Relations Specialist
The Next Step
- Industrial Relations Specialist
- Joint Venture Project - Onsite Snowy Mountains
- $150,000 plus superannuation
Recently selected as preferred tenderer to design and construct Snowy 2.0. This project is based within the Snowy Mountains in NSW, and will deliver one of the largest pumped hydro schemes in the world.
In this role you will support the HR Manager and our Project and Construction Management with all industrial relations and human resource needs, including:
- Providing expert IR advice including interpretations of relevant legislation, awards and enterprise agreements.
- Managing IR right of entry to site and guidance of union officials
- Coordinating subcontractor pre-qualification audits and mobilisation of personnel
- Reviewing ABCC compliance for the project and our subcontractors
- Delivering training to management and personnel of IR and HR topics
- Generating employment contracts and internal employee letters as required
Project team has a presence in Sydney, Cooma and also on-site within the Snowy Mountains, this role will be based on the project site working on a 21:9 FIFO roster from your capital city or DIDO for locally based applicants.
Your Skills & Experience
Ideally you will have significant experience working on major projects within the infrastructure and construction sectors supported by relevant tertiary qualifications in Industrial Relations. You will be able to demonstrate your ability to:
- Manage IR issues on remote sites working FIFO rosters
- Interpret Building Code 2016 requirements and develop processes to ensure compliance across the project
- Identify emerging issues on site and assist in developing strategies to mitigate risks
- Develop relationships with project leaders and relevant external stakeholders
This is an opportunity make a significant contribution to this nation-building infrastructure project in a highly challenging role and unique environment.
Please apply now or contact Bo Campbell on 0437058358 for a further confidential discussion.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: