Recovery Coach/support Coordinator
- Support individuals to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in their own community
- Work collaboratively with NDIS participants in a recovery orientated and trauma aware way to support them in their life goals
- Join a nationally recognised and growing provider of Mental Health and Disability Services
- $61-$65k annual salary (pro-rata) + superannuation + leave loading + generous salary packaging benefits
With a population of around 45,000, East Gippsland offers a stable workforce, a strong industry training sector and job opportunities. Wellways has been operating in this region for many years and employs hundreds of locals and managers with strong knowledge of the region and its needs. Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people of all ages with mental health issues, disabilities, and those requiring community care. People with lived experience, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds bring highly valued skills to our workforce.
All our staff are truly valued, and we offer these amazing benefits to support you: https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
About the role
Recovery Coaches work to support participants with psychosocial disabilities in their recovery, as well as coordinate supports in line with the participants NDIS plan and with their individual goals. Recovery coaching combines recovery and support co-ordination to help participants meet others, develop relationships and build support networks so they can gradually take responsibility for their recovery.
This practice is the foundation of how we deliver psychosocial mental health services at Wellways.
What do you need?
- Minimum Certificate IV in Mental Health or Disability or at least 2 years' experience in a similar role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Current valid Driver's License
- The right to work in Australia, Working with Children Check, National Police Records Check
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page: http://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5339993
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Heidi Losic-Clarke, CDS Manager on (03) 5622 4100
Applications close 31 January 2021
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. We warmly encourage people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply. Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.
Applications close: 31 Jan 2021
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: