Learning and Development Officer
East Gippsland Shire Council
About the business and the role
Home to tranquil lakes, pristine beaches and the rugged beauty of the high country, East Gippsland is a Victorian Gem. As a major employer in the region, East Gippsland Shire Council represents the needs of around 45,000 residents and over one million visitors annually across an area of 21,000 square kilometres. The region includes substantial areas of national and state parks, lakes, rivers and coastal wilderness areas and is home to Australia's largest navigable inland water system - the Gippsland Lakes.
This is an ongoing full-time position based in Bairnsdale/Lakes Entrance (to be determined).
The purpose of the role is to provide quality staff learning and development programs and assisting in the provision of human resources services, to ensure Councils’ statutory and strategic objectives are met.
What you will need to succeed
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A qualification in Human Resource Management (or other relevant qualification) and/or at least three years’ experience in learning and development.
- Proven experience in liaising with training providers to source relevant and suitable training opportunities for individuals at all levels of an organisation.
- Experience in developing and promoting learning and development programs within an organisation.
- Experience with and maintaining online learning management systems
- Proven ability to ensure a high level of accuracy and numeracy.
- Experience in providing advice to managers and staff on the interpretation and implementation of Enterprise Agreements/Awards, conditions of employment and relevant human resources legislation.
- Proven ability to work cooperatively and positively in a sensitive and confidential manner.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a current Police Check. Applicants for this position must be legally entitled to work in Australia.
Applications close at 11.59pm on 21 October 2019.
If this sounds like your next career move, please hit the “Apply” button now.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Sandra Sykes, Human Resources Coordinator on (03) 5153 9525.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: