Governance and Compliance Coordinator
East Gippsland Shire Council
Lakes Entrance, VIC
About the business and the role
Home to tranquil lakes, pristine beaches and the rugged beauty of the high country, East Gippsland is a Victorian Gem. As a major employer in the region, East Gippsland Shire Council represents the needs of around 45,000 residents and over one million visitors annually across an area of 21,000 square kilometres. The region includes substantial areas of national and state parks, lakes, rivers and coastal wilderness areas and is home to Australia's largest navigable inland water system - the Gippsland Lakes.
This is an ongoing full-time position based in Lakes Entrance or Bairnsdale (to be determined).
The purpose of the role is to ensure the achievement of corporate and directorate objectives in regard to the following functional areas:
- Council’s Policies and Procedures Framework;
- Legislative and policy compliance; and
What you will need to succeed
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Legal qualifications which are desirable and would be highly regarded.
- Significant experience in workplace governance and/or administration, ideally in the Local Government sector.
- Demonstrated experience in the development, implementation and/or interpretation of legislation or policy.
- Ability to lead and influence staff at all levels in order to foster commitment to achieving corporate objectives in relation to governance and compliance matters.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate small teams.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment Medical Check and current Police Check. Applicants for this position must be legally entitled to work in Australia.
Applications close at 11.59pm on 21 October 2019.
If this sounds like your next career move, please hit the “Apply” button now.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Simon Alleaume, Acting Manager Governance on (03) 5153 9500.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: