Community Facilities Planner
East Gippsland Shire Council
About the business and the role
Home to tranquil lakes, pristine beaches and the rugged beauty of the high country, East Gippsland is a Victorian Gem. As a major employer in the region, East Gippsland Shire Council represents the needs of around 45,000 residents and over one million visitors annually across an area of 21,000 square kilometres. The region includes substantial areas of national and state parks, lakes, rivers and coastal wilderness areas and is home to Australia's largest navigable inland water system - the Gippsland Lakes.
This is an ongoing full-time position based in Bairnsdale/Lakes Entrance (to be determined).
The purpose of the role is to advise Council on community recreation facilities and related land management issues.
To develop clear policy to guide the provision; management; and governance arrangements associated with the provision and management of community recreation facilities and public open space;
To work with officers to ensure day to day management of reserves, halls and other public open spaces is aligned to good practice and equitable management practices.
What you will need to succeed
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Recreation / Community Facility Planning / Policy Development or training in a relevant field and / or a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar area to the position.
- Demonstrated high level communication, engagement and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of recreation facilities and open space planning.
- Knowledge of policy development processes and the development of policy that complies with legislation associated with public land management.
- Capacity to work autonomously in challenging community-based environments.
- Highly developed computer skills and an ability to use a range of packages and systems.
- A current, valid Victorian driver’s licence.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a current Police Check. Applicants for this position must be legally entitled to work in Australia.
Applications close at 11.59pm on 23 October 2019.
If this sounds like your next career move, please hit the “Apply” button now.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Wayne Richards, Manager Community Facilities and Open Space on (03) 5153 9500.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: