Coordinator Asset Systems
A leadership role in a council with a thriving and engaged culture-first workplace.
Located adjacent to Melbourne, Baw Baw Shire is one of Victoria’s fastest growing municipalities with freeway and V/Line access into Melbourne’s CBD and suburbs. A Baw Baw Shire Council career goes beyond business as usual. You’ll find exciting development pathways rich in opportunity. Their thriving and engaged culture-first workplace is built on the passion and talent of people who proudly deliver vital services and exciting projects to a community they care about.
Your new role
The Coordinator Asset Systems is responsible and accountable for leading the review, development and implementation and to provide specialist advice for the management of Council’s Asset Management System (AMS). The position will:
- Drive improvements to the functionality of the asset management systems and linkages to other corporate systems to meet corporate objectives
- Be responsible for overseeing the team to undertake inspections, record and update asset condition
- Prepare and update the corporate asset registers for asset valuation and reporting purposes
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders to improve the utilisation of asset information across Council
What you'll need to succeed
The qualifications and experience required for the position include:
- Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering, Asset Management or Information Systems with some relevant experience, or extensive experience with lesser formal qualifications.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the application of asset management principles, practices and systems
- Demonstrated high-level computer literacy in the use and application of Microsoft Office (specifically Access) including data management
What you'll get in return
The organisation comprises of a multicultural workforce of around 400 full-time, part-time and casual employees, all benefiting from:
- Great flexibility and work/life sway
- Study support and health and wellbeing initiatives
- Ongoing learning and development programs
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now', forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com or contact Simone Watt on 0478 039 432. You will be provided with a position description so you can prepare a cover letter which addresses the key selection criteria. Applications close Sunday 6th December at 5pm.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: