Bairnsdale Landfill Leading Hand
East Gippsland Shire Council
About the business and the role
Home to tranquil lakes, pristine beaches and the rugged beauty of the high country, East Gippsland is a Victorian Gem. As a major employer in the region, East Gippsland Shire Council represents the needs of around 45,000 residents and over one million visitors annually across an area of 21,000 square kilometres. The region includes substantial areas of national and state parks, lakes, rivers and coastal wilderness areas and is home to Australia's largest navigable inland water system - the Gippsland Lakes.
This is an ongoing part time (0.6EFT) position based in Bairnsdale.
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for Council’s waste operations (particularly over the weekends) including but not limited to management day-to-day waste operations, staff, process, procedures, systems, compliance, contractor and reporting. And for ensuring EPA/SV/OHS compliance and guidelines are met.
Other responsibilities of this role include:
- Ensuring the efficient operation of the landfill(s), transfer stations, bin movement, logistics and contractors.
- Ensuring compliance with Councils operational procedures, policies, legislation and systems.
- Ensuring compliance with EPA and other related Acts, regulations and guidelines.
- Assisting with administrative duties, including timesheets, site diaries, checklists and records.
- Ensuring Workplace Health & Safety and other legislative requirements are always complied with and reported in line with Council policies and procedures
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment Medical Check and a current Police Check. Applicants for this position must be legally entitled to work in Australia.
If this sounds like your next career move, please hit the “Apply” button now.
Applications close at 11:59pm on 24 September 2019.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: