Emergency Management Officer
East Gippsland Shire Council
About the business and the role
Home to tranquil lakes, pristine beaches and the rugged beauty of the high country, East Gippsland is a Victorian Gem. As a major employer in the region, East Gippsland Shire Council represents the needs of around 45,000 residents and over one million visitors annually across an area of 21,000 square kilometres. The region includes substantial areas of national and state parks, lakes, rivers and coastal wilderness areas and is home to Australia's largest navigable inland water system - the Gippsland Lakes.
This is an ongoing full-time position based in Bairnsdale/Lakes Entrance (to be determined).
The purpose of the role is to work closely as part of the Emergency Management Unit within East Gippsland Shire Council in assisting in the roles of Municipal Emergency Management Officer (MEMO). To be able to develop robust and innovative strategies to increase emergency management capability and build effective partnerships with external stakeholders to ensure resilient communities.
What you will need to succeed
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Qualifications and or experience in planning and implementation in the risk, fire and emergency management environment.
- Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to develop ideas into logical written communication, reports, plans and proposals.
- Confidence in verbal communication in a variety of environments and with diverse audiences.
- A strong work ethic with an ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- The ability to manage complex conflicting work demands and meet demanding timelines.
- Strong risk analysis skills with particular emphasis on community safety outcomes.
- Ability to apply the organisations value’s and a strong commitment to community engagement processes.
- A current, valid Victorian driver’s licence.
Applicants for this position must be legally entitled to work in Australia.
Applications close at 11.59pm on 24 September 2019.
If this sounds like your next career move, please hit the “Apply” button now.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Shane Turner, Emergency Management Coordinator on (03) 5153 9500.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: