Park Administration Officer Epcp - Casual
East Gippsland Shire Council
Eagle Point, VIC
About the business and the role
Home to tranquil lakes, pristine beaches and the rugged beauty of the high country, East Gippsland is a Victorian Gem. As a major employer in the region, East Gippsland Shire Council represents the needs of around 45,000 residents and over one million visitors annually across an area of 21,000 square kilometres. The region includes substantial areas of national and state parks, lakes, rivers and coastal wilderness areas and is home to Australia's largest navigable inland water system - the Gippsland Lakes.
This is a casual position based at the Eagle Point Caravan Park.
The purpose of the role is to provide quality customer service to those attending the Eagle Point Caravan Park. The position is responsible for the receiving, recording and coordination of camp site bookings, receive, receipt and reconciliation of payments from campers, store and café customer service, as well as field attendance to monitor ‘camper register’ data, assist campers in site allocations and associated queries on camping.
What you will need to succeed
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience in an office environment.
- Experience in a hospitality environment.
- Have a responsible service of alcohol (RSA) certificate.
- Have a Level 1 food handling certificate.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a safe manner and follow safety procedures.
- Good communication skills and the ability to liaise with service users, public and other Council staff.
- The physical capability of handling the requirements of the position.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a Working with Children Check and current Police Check. Applicants for this position must be legally entitled to work in Australia.
Applications close at 11.59pm on 23 October 2019.
If this sounds like your next career move, please hit the “Apply for this job” button now.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Katie Harris, Park Supervisor on (03) 5156 1183.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: