ROYAL FREEMASONS LTD
- Join an established and highly regarded Not-for-Profit provider of Aged Care Services
- Casual shifts available
- Premium Aged Care Facility
"Care, compassion and respect have been at the heart of Royal Freemasons since it was founded as a charitable organisation in 1867. Our care and support services deliver high quality care to people in their homes, in our independent living units, our retirement apartments and aged care residential sites, with services tailored to their individual needs."
Royal Freemasons Sale is a new, state of the art, 144 bed nursing home. Vital to the success of our site, we are looking for candidates who have an excellent team attitude, are willing to pitch in and help where required and go above and beyond their core duties.
The primary role and function of the Laundry Assistant is to deliver clean clothes and linen to our residents based in a residential aged care setting. Your duties will include:
- Laundering linen and resident clothing
- Operation and maintenance of equipment
- Chemical Management
- Adhere to OHS requirements
- Experience in a laundry capacity/commercial laundry
You should be highly organised and self-motivated, someone who can manage their time and be flexible with their workloads. If you have proven experience within aged care in a similar residential facility setting, we offer a great team to work with and a supportive working environment.
- Experience within Aged Care or Community Care environment is advantageous
- Must be flexible and self-motivated with excellent communication skills and a genuine care for older people
- Current valid Police Check and a Valid Australian Working Visa are required prior to employment
- Computer skills and ability to use Microsoft office
- Smart phone and access to home internet required
- Certificate II or more in hospitality is highly desirable
At Royal Freemasons, we offer our staff
- A work/life balance by ensuring you have fixed permanent shifts on a fortnightly roster. No more rotating rosters! Our staff can roster and manage their own shifts through our electronic self-service rostering system.
- A good mix of staff on the floor. Every shift has a Registered Nurse in charge, supported by Endorsed Enrolled Nurses and Personal Care Assistants to provide a high standard of care for our residents.
- Technology – embracing autonomy through point of care electronic documentation management. An employee portal to keep you up to date and self-managed eLearning mandatory training.
- Salary Packaging - as a Not-for-Profit organisation we provide the ability for our staff to salary package up to $16,173 per annum of your salary (inclusive of salary packaging and the administration fee) which significantly increases the take home value of your remuneration package. Additionally, you can salary package meals, entertainment and facility hire expenses including holiday accommodation up to a maximum of $2,550 per annum.
We are an established and highly regarded Not-for-Profit provider of Aged Care Services across the Residential, Home Care and Retirement Living sectors. We offer salary packaging and a comprehensive employee benefits scheme. With locations across greater Melbourne and regional Victoria our staff benefit from great learning and career prospects, fantastic resources and we enjoy an envied reputation for excellence in care.
Royal Freemasons is committed to providing and maintaining a workplace that is safe and without risks to health. This includes a smoke free workplace and influenza vaccine program.
Recruitment Agencies are requested to kindly NOT contact us.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: